Mediation to discuss the division of assets and debts following separation from your spouse or de facto partner.
Reaching agreement by way of mediation might:
- assist you make your own decisions
- greatly reduce the financial and emotional costs of legal proceedings
- allow you to move forward and make a new life for yourself
- reduce conflict and possibly improve your continuing relationship
- improve communication with your former spouse/ partner
If an agreement is reached it can be formalised by either:
- Binding Financial Agreement; or
- Applying to the Family Court or Federal Circuit Court for Consent Orders.